- Master the essential knowledge, skills, and values of librarianship and the information professions through research, education, and outreach. Learn more about SISLT's Library and Information Science Program
- Learn to design, develop and implement technology in education and online learning, training and performance support. Offers online courses only. Learn more about SISLT's Learning Technologies Program
- Follow interdisciplinary paths to inquiry in technical, cognitive, epistemological, cultural, political, and economic aspects of informing and learning. Learn more about SISLT's Doctoral Program
Our online graduate education degree programs are among the best in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report 2018 Best Online Programs Rankings.
- ALA Accreditation: Our Library Science Masters program is the only American Libraries Association (ALA) accredited program in Missouri. Read More About SISLT's Library and Information Science Program
- AECT Endorsement: Our Online Education Graduate Certificate is endorsed by the Association for Educational Communications & Technology. Read More About SISLT's Online Educator Certificate
- Career Options: Our graduates work for top companies like Amazon, Google, and Cerner; government agencies; and national and international universities. Read More About SISLT's Graduate Employment Opportunities
- User Experience Design: The User Experience and Usability (UXU) Certificate prepares students to design and evaluate technology tools and information systems. Read More About SISLT's UXU Certificate
- The Information Experience Laboratory (IE Lab) is a learning laboratory and enterprise for research, teaching and service in technology usability. You’ll receive hands-on training conducting usability studies in real-world settings as our faculty and student practitioners share their knowledge and experiences.
- Adroit Studios is an interdisciplinary team devoted to researching and developing video games. Working with our team can provide valuable project based experience for a wide range of skills and interests.
- The MU I.C.E. (Innovate, Create, Educate) Lab is a Makerspace lab offering all students at MU hands on experience with 3D printing, scanning, CNC routing, and the Makerspace culture. In lab, students will see their creations and class projects come to life.
The IE Lab is a learning lab and enterprise for research, teaching and service in technology usability.
Adroit Studios is an interdisciplinary team devoted to researching and developing video games.
The MU I.C.E. Lab offers MU students hands on experience with 3D printing, scanning, CNC routing, and the Makerspace culture.
From Fox 4 News in Kansas City (John Pepitone reporting): More students are looking to stay closer to home to further their education, and as a result the University of Missouri is bringing a unique program to the Kansas City metro area as specialized graduate classes are now underway at the new Mizzou Center in Blue Springs, MO.
At the 2011 Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) in Philadelphia, PA, John Budd, a professor in the School of Information Science and Learning Technologies at the University of Missouri at Columbia, presented preliminary findings on his most recent study of retracted publications in biomedical literature.
The College of Education Alumni Organization Awards have recognized two of our Library & Information Science alumni for their outstanding achievements.
Recognized by Library Journal as a Mover & Shaker 2013 — Advocate.
LIS alum Heather Hill publishes article about treatment of people with disabilities in Library and Information Science Research.
The iSchool at the University of Missouri welcomes applications for Fall 2019 for admission to its interdisciplinary doctoral program housed in the School of Information Science & Learning Technologies (SISLT).
The School of Information Science and Learning Technologies (SISLT) — the iSchool at the University of Missouri — seeks to recruit an energetic, highly motivated scholar who will contribute to the research, teaching, and administrative missions of the school in the MLIS, PhD, and certificate programs. We seek a candidate whose work complements current faculty research strengths in library and information sciences, and learning technologies.
MU Game JAM April 12th–14th 2019
Sign Up for more Information
Congratulations Dr. Joi Moore, SISLT Professor and College of Education Associate Dean for Engagement & Outreach, on receiving AECT’s 2018 McJulien Scholar Best Paper Award.
The team of PI Prasad Calyam (MU Computer Science), Co-PI Trupti Joshi (MU Health Management and Informatics), Co-PI Isa Jahnke (SISLT), Co-PI Tim Middelkoop (MU Computing Infrastructure) and Co-PI Saptarshi Debroy (City University New York) investigates data security. The project aims to augment campus cyberinfrastructure for data-intensive science applications (e.g., bioinformatics, chemistry) to improve data More…
Kelly Anders is a graduate of the Library and Information Science program at Mizzou, and the Executive Director of the nonprofit corporation Jackson County Law Library, Inc., in Kansas City, Missouri which serves the 16th Circuit Court and subscribing attorney members.
Jason is joining SISLT from South Carolina, where he worked as an Information Literacy Librarian at Coastal Carolina University. Jason earned his Ph.D. from the University of South Carolina’s School of Library and Information Science in 2017. He has previous professional librarian experience at Midlands Technical College, Forsyth County (NC) Public Library, and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
In June 2018 Dr. Johannes Strobel was honored with the STEM Excellence Award by International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE).
Danielle is a user experience researcher with a background in visualization and developing virtual environments. Her research focuses on understanding the role of immersion in comprehending virtual space. She has experience in developing learning environments, including the iSocial project, on different gaming platforms and works with different virtual and augmented reality technology. She currently works More…
Assistant Professor Sarah Buchanan will deliver the keynote address at “The Primary Source: An Interdisciplinary Conference on Memory and Identity” on May 17.