Welcome! This handbook is intended for admitted PhD students in University of Missouri's School of Information Science and Learning Technologies. Our PhD program offers a unique opportunity for you to study and conduct research in the intersection of learning and information sciences. Our School of Information Science and Learning Technologies (SISLT) is proud to be an iSchool — which will provide our students and graduates with an enhanced set of resources and credentials.
This handbook contains:
- An overview of the PhD process in SISLT
Requirements for each part of the process, including
- Program course requirements
- Residency requirements
- Requirements for formation and membership of faculty committees you will work with.
- A description of the qualifying and comprehensive exam processes and requirements.
- Links to required forms, and other resources.