The LIS Advisory Council is made up of practicing librarians from across Missouri and Nebraska. The purpose of the council is two-fold. First, they advise the LIS faculty regarding curriculum needs and library hiring trends, providing guidance and correction when necessary. Second, they serve as spokespersons for the LIS program in Missouri and Nebraska, helping others to understand the program and what its strengths are.
The Advisory Council currently has ten voting members, made up of representatives from school, public, and academic libraries. *The Missouri State Librarian serves as an ex-officio member.
- Mariann Amass — Librarian, Waynesville Middle School, Waynesville, MO
- Susan Burton — Executive Director, Mid-America Library Alliance, Kansas City Metro
- Margaret Conroy — Director, Daniel Boone Regional Library, Columbia MO
- Kathy Hart — Director for Library Services and Operations, Northwest Missouri State University
- Angela Knoerr — Academic Technology Liaison, University of Missouri
- Steven Potter — Library Director and CEO, Mid-Continent Public Library, Independence, MO
- Robin Westphal — State Librarian, Missouri State Library
- Ann Campion Riley — Interim Director, MU Libraries
- Dr. Stephanie Tolson — Dean of Learning Resources and Academic Support, St. Charles Community College
- Levi Dolan — Library & Information Science Graduate Student Association President
- Samuel Mueller — Distance Student Representative