Professor221C Townsend Hall
- Electronic Performance Support Systems
- Interactive Learning Environments
- Human-Centered Design
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Ph.D. from the University of Georgia, 1998, in Instructional Technology
- M.S. from North Carolina State University, 1993, in Management
- B.S. from North Carolina State University, 1988, in Computer Science
Information Experience Laboratory
The Information Experience Laboratory (IE Lab) is a learning laboratory and enterprise for research, teaching and service in technology usability. Here you’ll receive hands-on training conducting usability studies in real-world settings as our faculty and student practitioners share their knowledge and experiences.
Our workshops deal with the “big picture” of usability and its importance in our lives, while our usability and design courses provide a detailed study of usability and Human Computer Interaction (HCI). We cover a variety of usability methods including Think Aloud, Task Analysis and Information Horizons. You’ll learn how to design your own studies and get hands-on training with usability software.
Full-day workshops, usability focused courses, and internship opportunities are a few of the things that make the midwest’s only usability laboratory the place to expand your knowledge of usability and human centered design.
Visit the IE Lab website or contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (573) 884-2986 for more information.