Donnelly College Library is offering a Library Services Practicum opportunity for a graduate student enrolled in a Graduate School of Library and Information Science program for the Spring 2014 semester.
The practicum is a professional academic library field experience designed to provide the student with the opportunity to work in a professional environment under the supervision of the library director and gain practical experience in the areas of library services.
The student will be asked to complete tasks from the following list:
- Observe and provide assistance with the development of online services
- Observe Reference Desk functions and assist library patrons with reference questions
- Create multi-media library tutorials
- Learn to create library statistical reports, and provide assistance in their creation
- Participate with library Web 2.0 services
- Investigate emerging technologies and share findings with the library
- Help inventory library holdings
- Examine holdings and develop a collection development plans
- Education (elementary with an emphasis on Urban Education)
- Practical Nursing with an eye to a future Registered Nursing
- Other related tasks as needed
Interested students may contact Jane Ballagh de Tovar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donnelly College is a Catholic institution of higher education that seeks to continue the mission of Jesus Christ in our time by making the love of God tangible in our world. Specifically, the mission of Donnelly College is to provide education and community services with personal concern for the needs and abilities of each student, especially those who might not otherwise be served.
Donnelly College is located at 608 N. 18th St. Kansas City, Kansas.