The LIS Advisory Council is made up of practicing librarians from across Missouri and Nebraska. The purpose of the council is two-fold. First, they advise the LIS faculty regarding curriculum needs and library hiring trends, providing guidance and correction when necessary. Second, they serve as spokespersons for the LIS program in Missouri and Nebraska, helping others to understand the program and what its strengths are.
The Advisory Council currently has ten voting members, made up of representatives from school, public, and academic libraries. *The Missouri State Librarian serves as an ex-officio member.
- Mariann Amass — Librarian, Waynesville Middle School, Waynesville, MO
- Angela Bruno — Librarian, Carman Trails Elementary School, St. Louis Metro
- Melissa Carr — Director, Daniel Boone Regional Library, Columbia MO
- Jacque Gage — Director, Joplin Public Library, Joplin, MO
- Joyce Neujahr — Director of Patron Services, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Criss Library
- Jerome Offord — Dean of Library Services and University Archives, Lincoln University
- Steven Potter — Library Director and CEO, Mid-Continent Public Library, Independence, MO
- Barbara Reading — State Librarian, Missouri State Library*
- Dr. Stephanie Tolson — Dean of Learning Resources and Academic Support, St. Charles Community College