- Tentative Course Rotation
(This rotation is for LIS classes offered by MU faculty. It does not include courses in Learning Technologies.)
- Full List of SISLT Courses, including brief course descriptions.
- To view the courses we have offered since 2001, please visit MyZou and click on Schedule of Classes (Guest Access).
Outside of Class Go to top of page. Top
Being a professional is not about punching a time-clock and having the right credentials — it’s about making informed decisions and having responsibility; it’s about understanding the big picture and venturing outside of one’s comfort zone; it’s about developing a professional network and cultivating lifelong continuous learning practices.
In that spirit, the iSchool’s LIS Program requires students to practicum as part of the degree. The practicum is the time to dream big, to make connections, and to explore something under the guidance of a professional that can’t be explored as part of the regular Program.
For more information, please see our Practicum page.
MU Graduate Assistantships
Graduate Assistantships can provide you with financial support while pursuing an advanced degree, as well as the opportunity for professional experience and academic training.
Graduate Assistantships are commonly posted on these two sites:
Some libraries and companies may offer internships for promising students. These internships will be announced via SISLT-LIS listserv.
Forms Go to top of page. Top
- MU Graduate Application Form for students seeking admission to the program.
- Request to Re-enroll in SISLT after not taking courses for a year or more.
- College of Education Graduate Scholarships application form, to be completed by March 1 to be eligible for LIS program scholarships.
Program of Study
- Program of Study Form for Students Admitted Prior to Fall 2014
- Program of Study Form for Students Admitted After Fall 2014
- Program of Study form for Students Pursuing the E-Learning Information Professional specialization
- Program of Study Form for Students Pursuing Master’s and Library Media Add-on Certification
- Program of Study Course Substitution Form
- ISLT 7381, Practicum in Information Agencies
- ISLT 7380, Practicum in School Libraries
- Potential Practicum Locations
- LIS Advising Aid
- Distance ID Request
Distance students can use this form to request an MU ID card.
- Conference Travel Support
Students can use this form to apply for travel funds in order to present research or work at a conference.
- LIS Program Academic Policy and Procedures
A manual listing the policies and procedures used in the LIS program for academic issues.
- Standard of Conduct (M-Book)
The M-Book contains an academic calendar and university policies including the Academic Integrity Policy.
- MU Registrar Educational Policies
Selected policies from MU’s Rules and Regulations that deal with education. This document includes policies on withdrawing from a course and full-time versus part-time enrollment.