The educational technology program is your portal to excellence and leadership in designing, developing and implementing technology in education and online learning, training and performance support.
- Online Educator
- Learning Systems Design and Development
- Technology in Schools
We also offer an Online Educator Certificate program.
All courses are 100 percent online. All areas emphasize project-based learning where you learn while working on projects useful to you. You pick the professional goal that makes sense to you, and the EdTech faculty will help you transform your goal into your reality.
Master of Education (M Ed)
Education Specialist (EdSp)
Recognitions Go to top of page. Top
SISLT received the Outstanding Mature Program Award in 2012 for its online master’s degree program in Educational Technology from the University Professional and Continuing Education Association, Central Region.
Our educational technology program was rated No. 10 among the top 35 online educational programs. The Best Affordable program rankings are based on a GetEducated Spring 2014 review of regionally accredited online master’s programs in educational and instructional technology. This GetEducated “Best Buy” affordability ranking compares tuition and distance learning fees of 63 online educational and instructional technology master’s programs offered at 56 online universities across the country. For more information on the review: http://www.geteducated.com/online-college-ratings-and-rankings/best-buy-lists/affordable-online-educational-instructional-technology-masters-degrees.
We are pleased to be named one of The 25 Best Online Master in Educational Technology Degree Programs by TheBestSchools.org.
During the Fall of 2016 our Online Educator Graduate Certificate was endorsed by Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT).
AECT is a professional association of thousands of educators and others whose activities are directed toward improving instruction through technology. Their members carry out a wide range of responsibilities in the study, planning, application, and production of communications media for instruction.
Student Testimony Go to top of page. Top
Fees and Financial Aid Go to top of page. Top
For information about fees please visit the Office of Cashiers.
Online graduate students pay in-state tuition regardless of residency.
Not a Missouri resident? — For more information related to off campus student fees, please visit the Mizzou Online website.
Educational Technology Program Goals and Objectives Go to top of page. Top
- Goal 1: To provide students with experiences to develop theory-grounded and research-based competencies for the innovative, aesthetic, effective and sustainable design/development and management of technologies for learning opportunities and systems.
- Objective 1.1: Students are able to design/develop learning opportunities and systems including direct instruction, constructivist learning, collaborative work, and performance support.
- Objective 1.2: Students are able to design/develop learning opportunities and systems for meaningful learning; promote student engagement in online learning environments; and select appropriate technology and learning objects to support learners.
- Objective 1.3: Students are able to conduct project management activities for both design / development, and implementation of learning opportunities and systems.
- Goal 2: To provide students with the critical, data-collection, analytical and evaluative skills to reflect on and apply to the design/development of learning opportunities and systems.
- Objective 2.1: Students are able to conduct analysis in order to translate and use theoretical frameworks and existing research to design/develop learning opportunities and systems.
- Objective 2.2: Students are able to manage and optimize analytics collected by learning and performance systems to develop criteria to measure learning impact and talent development.
- Goal 3: To provide students with experiences to become socially responsible, reflective/sensitive on the interaction of technologies & society and act ethically in response to current and future challenges of emerging technologies for learning.
- Objective 3.1: Students demonstrate technology leadership and knowledge of ethics as applied to current and future socio-technical context.
- Objective 3.2: Students embrace adaptive expertise, creativity and lifelong learning.
Contact Go to top of page. Top
Please contact Dr. Jane Howland, Program Chair, for current information.