Postdoctoral Fellow102 London Hall
- Self-Regulated Learning and Novel Problem Solving with Emerging Technologies
- Science Learning and Argumentation as Information Based Problem Solving
- Technology-Enhanced, Evidence-Based Assessment and Scaffolds Design
- Ph.D. from the University of Georgia, 2014 in Learning, Design, and Technology
- M.A. from Yonsei University, Korea, 1999 in Education
- B.A. from Yonsei University, Korea, 1997 in English Language and Literature
Dr. So Mi Kim has received her Ph.D. degree in Learning, Design, and Technology from the University of Georgia in 2014. Kim formerly worked for the Korean government leading large-scale educational innovations and evaluation projects for 10 years. Her program of inquiry is largely grounded in problem-centered learning and more specifically examines task-person-environmental dynamics to scaffold self-regulated learning and novel problem solving in both formal and informal learning settings. Science on the social media, argumentation and information bias, and social shadowing are exemplary keywords driving her research.